Data Quality Description
- Raw- Gage height data as downloaded from the data logger. Unchecked discharge measurements.
- Preliminary - Gage height data is uploaded to the WISKI database, discharge measurements entered into BIBER. Observations of gage height and recorder readings from inspections entered into appropriate time series. Necessary time and gage height corrections are applied. Gage height record is then recomputed and reviewed using standard WISKI layout. Necessary shifts are applied and the discharge is computed and reviewed by the Regional Hydrotech. No review by Salem Hydrographic staff has been done. This designation is reserved for monthly water-management reports that require rapid turnaround. All other data are generally required to meet the provisional standard.
- Provisional - All of the above steps are completed. Copies of measurement notes have been provided to Salem Hydrographics. On successful completion of a review by Salem Hydrographic staff, this partial water year record is releasable as provisional record for monthly management reports. This is the preferred process for all data released outside of the Department that has not been finalized. This step can normally be completed within two weeks of the request with properly entered and complete data.
- Published - At the end of the water year, record entries are completed by field staff and Salem staff is notified that the record for the year is ready for review. Original measurement and inspection notes, raw gage height modules and digital measurement files are submitted to Salem. Salem staff review the record. On successful completion of review, the record is posted to the Department’s web site and is releasable for all purposes.
- Missing - No data is available for that date/time